I installed the WAMP distribution but it is too bloated (takes too much space at it installs mysql and php). If you are only interested in SAPUI5 development, the manual install of the Apache httpd server is the best option.
Steps to install on Windows
- Download and install the latest C++ Redistributable Visual Studio 2017.
- Download the latest version of Apache httpd server from Apache Lounge.
- Extract the folder Apache24 inside the zip file to c:\Apache24.
- Keep the name as is, otherwise you will have to edit the file httpd.conf and edit to the new location.
- Open the windows command prompt and execute httpd.exe in the bin folder.
- You can now test by opening http://localhost in your web browser.