Here is how you create a connection to the Fiori Launchpad from NetWeaver Business Client 6.5 (NWBC). Note that I have installed SAP NetWeaver 7.51 SP02 in VirtualBox as a VM.
Port forwarding for the virtual machine will be as follows:
- Edit your Windows hosts file and ensure that the localhost entry contains the fully qualified domain name. Otherwise, you will get an Invalid URL message when creating the connection.
127.0.0.1 localhost vhcalnplci.dummy.nodomain
- In NWBC, open the System Selection dialog box.
- Click on New.
- Select New System Connection (Fiori Launchpad).
- Select User-specified System.
- Enter a Name and URL. The URL for the Fiori Launchpad is as follows.
- Click on Finish.