How to open the UI5 app in the same tab? In fact, the app opening in a new tab is in line with the new Fiori UX guidelines. If you want to revert to the previous behaviour, follow the steps below.
- Go to transaction LPD_CUST.
- Add the following to the Additional Information.
To deploy a SAPUI5 application, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Upload the SAPUI5 application as a BSP application.
This is outlined here.
Step 2: Create launchpad role in transaction LPD_CUST.
- Open transaction LPD_CUST.
- Click on New Launchpad.
- Enter the Role, Instance (TRANSACTIONAL) and Description.
- Click on Ok and confirm that a namespace is not required.
- Click on New Application.
- Enter the details shown below. In the Application Parameter section, click on the Edit icon and input the url of the BSP application.
- Click on the button “Show Advanced (Optional) Parameters“.
- Click on the Edit icon for Application Alias and enter zwalkthrough.
- Click on Save and the launchpad instance will be created.
Step 3: Create a semantic object in /UI2/SEMOBJ
- Open the transaction /UI2/SEMOBJ.
- You will get a message that the table is cross-client. Click on OK.
- Click on New Entries and enter the following information.
- Save the changes into a transport request.
Step 4: Create a tile in the Fiori Launchpad
- Open the Fiori Launchpad Designer using the url below.
- Create a new catalog by clicking on the Plus icon at the bottom of the left-hand side pane.
- Enter the following details:
- Title: Walkthrough Catalog
- ID: ZWalkCatalog
- Click on Save. The new catalog is saved and now appears as shown below.
- Next, create a target mapping.
- Click on the following icon.
- Enter the information shown below.
From the drop-down list for Application Type, choose SAP Fiori App using LPD_CUST.
- The saved target mapping will appear in the right-hand pane.
- Next, create a static tile.
- Enter the following information and click on Save.
- The new tile will appear in the catalog.
- Next, create a group. Click on the Groups tab on the left-pane.
- Click on the Plus icon (Create Group) at the bottom of the left-pane.
- Enter the following information.
- Add the catalog to the group. Click on the Add Tile icon. Select the catalog created earlier and Click on the Plus icon. It will turn to green to indicate that it was added successfully.
- The group will now show the new tile.
Step 5 : Create a PFCG role.
- Go to transaction PFCG.
- Enter a name for the role and click on the button Single-Role.
- Go to the menu tab.
- From the Insert Node drop-down list, choose SAP Fiori Tile Catalog. Select the catalog and click on OK.
- Add the group by using the Insert Node again.
- Add the user in the User tab and click on Save.
Step 6: Test the application in the Fiori Launchpad.
- Open the Fiori launchpad by using the url below.
- Click on the tile to open the SAPUI5 App.
Normally, when you look at the Fiori Launchpad Designer, the option to delete a custom catalog is now visible. Below is how you can do it.
- Select the custom catalog by clicking on it.
- Drag the selected catalog. Two coloured icons will appear at the bottom of the pane.
- Drop the selected catalog on the delete (red) icon.
- A Confirmation dialog box will appear.
- Click on OK to confirm the deletion. The message below will appear showing that the deletion was done successfully.
Ensure that you have installed git-bash from the site https://git-for-windows.github.io.
Open the command prompt in Windows.
- Go to the website nodejs.org .
- Download the latest version (version 9.5 as of today 12-feb-2018).
- Double-click on the msi installer and accept license agreement and all the defaults.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation process.
Verify the installation
The windows command prompt can be used or git-bash can be installed on Windows. Below, we have used git-bash.
- Type the commands below on git-bash to check the installation of Node.js.
The Node Shell
write the following code into a file hello.js
console.log( ‘hello world’);
- Save and run the file as follows from the terminal (git-bash or windows command prompt):
Here are the steps to install Ubuntu on Windows 10 using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).
- On Windows 10, go to Settings.
- Type insider and press enter.
- Activate the developer mode.
- Still the Settings panel, type Windows Features. From the drop down, select Turn Windows Features on or off.
- Click on the Windows Start menu icon and type bash. Press Enter.
Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions.
Distributions can be installed by visiting the Windows Store:
Press any key to continue…
- Once installed, click on Launch.
- Type a username and password.
- Once you get to the terminal prompt, type the following commands.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Now, the terminal bash can be run on Windows.
Now to install xfce, follow the following steps.
- On the bash terminal type the command below.
sudo apt install xfce4
- In case there are errors, rerun the same command to continue the installation.
- Edit the .bashrc file as follows.
- Once done, go to the website https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcxsrv/.
- Download the installer, the latest at this time is vcxsrv-18.104.22.168.0.installer.exe
- Double-click and install the program.
- Start XLaunch from the Windows desktop shortcut.
- Choose “One large window” option.
- Leave the default options and choose Disable access control.
- Click on Next and finish.
A black window will appear. Do not close it. This is the application window in which Ubuntu will run.
- Go back to the bash terminal and type the next command.
The XLaunch window will show the Ubuntu with the xfce Display Manager.
Note: I got some errors. So, I installed the xubuntu desktop with the command below.
sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop -y
The application menu bar does not start.
Open the bash terminal inside ubuntu and type the command below.
Close the bash terminal.
Now you can use the Applications menu without any problems.
Once you have created your SAPUI5 or FIORI app in Eclipse, the project can be uploaded into the SAPUI5 repository as a BSP application.
The ABAP report /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD can be used to upload the UI5 application.
- Execute the report /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD in se38.
- Enter the Z name for the SAPUI5 App.
- Choose Upload.
- A dialog box will appear prompting to enter the application source directory.
- Enter the Eclipse project source directory, WebContent, and click on OK.
- A summary of the objects to be uploaded is displayed.
- Click on the green highlighted link.
- The files are now uploaded.
- The following is shown in the status bar.
- Check the BSP application zwalkthrough in se80.
- Fix the src location of the file sap-ui-core.js if needed to
- Also, check the service name zwalkthrough in SICF.
- Right-click on choose Test service.
- The application runs successfully in the browser.
There are 3 reports to upload, download or delete SAPUI5 to the SAPUI5 repository in AS ABAP.
- To upload or download a single SAPUI5 application
- To upload or download a single SAPUI5 application from a zip or war archive
- To upload or download multiple SAPUI5 applications from a zip or war archive
Note: Unlike the ABAP team repository provider, these ABAP reports do not support code merge. Hence, a third-party tool like git might be used.