You have just installed macOS High Sierra 10.13 in vmware on Windows. But the Internet connection is not working. How do you fix it?
- Ensure that you have installed the latest version of vmware workstation (current version is 14).
- Click on Edit->Virtual Network Editor.
- Click on Change settings.
- Under the Bridged option, choose your network adapter on Windows that connects to the Internet. (For me, my Windows laptop uses WiFi. So I chose the WiFi adapter – Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165). We are using the Bridged option so that the VM is added as another machine on the existing network of the host.
- In the virtual machine settings, choose the Bridged option and check the option “Replicate physical network connection state”.
- Start your Virtual machine. If you still do not get connected automatically to the Internet, you have to enter the IP address manually.
- Go to your Windows host’s Control Panel. Open the Network Connections. Select your WiFi or any chosen adapter. Right-click and select status.
Click on Details.
- The same IP address, 192.168.0.1, appears for DHCP, DNS AND WINS Server. You have to use this as the Router IP address.
- In macOS, open the System Preferences.
- Click on Network.
- For the Ethernet connection, choose “Using DHCP” for the option “Configure IPv4”.
- Specify 220.127.116.11 as the ipv4 address.
- Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
- Enter a new IP address from the current network’s pool range. Here it is 192.168.0.12.
Once done, you should be able to connect to the Internet.