- Download the hard disk image of macOS High Sierra from tactig.com or techsviewer.com
- Ensure that you download the latest version 2.1.1 of the unlocker from this github. It works on vmware workstation 14.
- Also download the latest version of VMware workstation 14.
- Install vmware and then reboot your machine.
- Extract the unlocker zip file and run it as follows:
- Open a command prompt with administrator priviledges.
- Go to the tools folder and run the file win-install.cmd.
- It will patch vmware workstation and also download the latest macOS guest tools. The iso image of the guest tools will be stored in the tools folder.
- Create a new virtual machine in vmware. Follow the steps below.
At this stage, the wizard will ask whether to convert the vmdk file to the new file format. I didn’t do it for mine and it works fine. Can’t say whether there will be a performance improvement for the new file format. Guess, I have to try it.
Your virtual machine is created.
Edit the Virtual Machine Configuration file (VMX)
Edit the “virtual machine configuration(VMX)” with Notepad and insert the line below.
smc.version = “0”
Now, you can run your virtual machine. It will boot and ask for country, keyboard, etc.. Once done, your virtual machine is ready.
After all the configuration steps, you will be greeted with the macOS desktop.